Saturday, April 5, 2008

Red Gate fun match

Lucy and Walter shared a spot at today's fun match. Lucy ran the two standards, and Walter took the two gamblers runs. You get two minutes in each run to do whatever the heck you want. I chose the Starters version for both of Lucy's runs.

She seemed a lot happier out there than at her last two trials, now that her ear infection has cleared. We had some difficulty with the weaves today for some reason (tended to miss the entry). Might be because she was distracted by the nearby teeter on which she has been rewarded muchly and deliciously in recent history.

Good news, no problems with any of the contact equipment today.

She got a compliment when someone who hadn't seen her in a while said she looked to be running faster than before. Cool, but now I need to figure out my handling with her because I'm often way late on my cues for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find handling different dogs really tough - especially when I'm running back and forth between them :)

I run three very different very green dogs ... Brody is steady, Sally is fast and wild, Thea is Thea ... very very interesting

and what is it they say? what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger ;)

Muttsandaklutz said...

I hear ya! And then running back and forth not only between dogs, but between rings, trying not to miss walkthroughs or runs, aaaack it's too much for me at this point. :-) Thank goodness for one-ring trials where one doesn't have to be spread quite so thin!

Urban Smoothie Read said...

phew! luckily i only have 1 dog to handle...

pacco is fast when i prepare some super tasty treats for her... but i tends to be slow and being at the wrong place and at the wrong time...when i'm slow on cues, she tune into her own auto-pilot mode...